A proven record of cutting taxes and balancing the State budget
- Supported six tax cuts during the 88th General Assembly resulting in over $35 million in taxpayer savings.
- Voted FOR an additional cut in grocery taxes
- Supported bill to raise the tax exemption on a used car purchase from $2100 to $4000
- Helped create jobs by supporting a bill to reduce sales taxes on manufacturers
- Co-sponsored a bill creating an annual “Sales Tax Holiday” to assist families and retailers during the critical “back-to-school” shopping period.
- Assisted working families by supporting a tax credit for parents who are a single head-of-household.
- Helped pass a bill supporting economic development in the tourism and agriculture businesses by providing tax credits for sustainable Geotourism enterprises.
A friend to the businesses who are leading the economic recovery in Arkansas
- Sponsored a bill preventing usage of federal stimulus funds from unfairly competing against private telecom industry.
- Sponsored legislation to protect Arkansans from out-of-state predatory lenders and overzealous gold buyers.
- Co-Sponsored legislation protecting scrap metal brokers and other Arkansas recycling businesses.
** passed legislation preventing and eliminating certain transfer fees in real estate transactions in the State of Arkansas.
Committed to the people of Hot Springs and Garland County
- Served as sponsor in the House of Representatives for the legislation that allowed Garland County voters to approve a badly needed new detention center.
- Supported state funding needed for new construction at the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences and the Arts.
- Worked to secured additional highway funding for the widening of US Highway 70 from Hot Springs to Interstate 40.
- Worked with other Garland County legislators and the state Highway Commission to continue working on the northern expansion of the MLK Expressway.
Protecting our young people
- Sponsored legislation to ban the sale of synthetic marijuana, commonly known as “K2”, and other illegal substances in Arkansas.
- Passed legislation expanding and encouraging the usage of identification cards for Arkansas minors.
“Here are the issues that are most important to me as your Representative”
- Further developing the economy in Hot Springs, Garland County and Arkansas.
- Seeking new ways and industries to create more and better job opportunities.
- Continuing the search for ways to cut wasteful spending and achieve greater efficiency in State government.
- Finding ways to protect and enhance funding for our public schools and universities.
- Making certain that the Legislature always maintains a balanced budget.